[A sermon for the Last Sunday after Epiphany / Transfiguration Sunday, Matthew 17:1-9 (RCL, Year A). Theme: A fresh way in repentance – repent or change and grow to be more loving and just in every part of daily life; especially in deciding how to cast your votes and in raising children.] There are so […]
Latest Video Interview
As featured in MemberMission Network Newsletter #119, Wayne interviews Bob Harsh about his ministry working with inmates:
- 00:00 – 0:34 Bob and where he teaches [The class with 10-15 participants meets monthly for five months for 90 minutes at a time.]
- 00:34 – 01:34 The subject, “Books about Muslim Journeys,” and the novel discussed at the last class by a Pakistani woman about opposition politicos and their fate
- 01:34 – 02:16 The prisoners’ “bright” response and what they are like
- 02:16 – 03:13 How is God at work in Bob, the prisoners, and the prison? Bob sees Jesus as present between people; if you don’t put yourself between people whose views differ from yours, you miss what he is about; Jesus is in the middle.
- 03:13 – 03:25 Thanks, Bob
As featured in MemberMission Network News #119, Wayne reviews a hot resource:
Educating All God’s Children: What Christians Can – and Should – Do to Improve Public Education for Low-income Kids
by Nicole Baker Fulgham, Brazos Press, 2013.
Not about school prayer but about hands on help with teachers, parents, funding and resources, and how to work for early childhood education. Fulgham has both taught in low-income areas and done what she advocates. Public school inequity and the achievement gap cry out for help from missional churches wherever they are. Fulgham will stir you up!